Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wrestling???


You all know me. I know NOTHING about wrestling. And my son decides that he wants to wrestle. So, we buy the singlet-(the outfit used to wrestle), the headgear, the wrestling shoes, and we pay for all the tournaments. We are ready. We have a tournament this weekend. I need to know a couple of things. One, I have no idea how to cheer for him at a meet. I know how to cheer for any other sport, but not wrestling. Two, why on earth do boys want to roll around on the floor with other boys and wear these outfits, and last, but certainly not least, (Jacob is mostly concerned with this one) -- This is the one we need the MOST help with. If you saw this face and these muscles across from you on the mat, what would you think his wrestling name is?? We have a couple..... but I wanted to poll you to see what you could come up with. Something very intimidating, I know.

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Sorry girlie, I've been sick, along with everyone else LOL. Pooh says its because I kissed her Daddy, I think she's right!

OK, let me think...Juggernaut Jake?
The Menace of Mt. McKinley? The Terror of the Tundra? OOOh, how about, "The Punisher"..hee hee.

AmyWhit said...

SOUTHERN SAVAGE! LOL. You're on your own with the wrestling thing. I know nothing about it. He sure does look cute...er, intimidating...though!

Good luck with the tournament, Jacob!

Shelia said...

SOUTHERN SAVAGE! I LOVE IT! ~pops Amy with the elbow~yes VERY INTIMIDATING!

jamie said...

Thanks guys for your input. Jake is getting such a kick out of all of this.

Judy said...

This how Poppie would introduce Jacob....

"The Menance of Mt. McKinley (good one Shelia), the Fury of Fort Richardson, He's here, he's there, he's everywhere (because he's quick)The Abominable, Jake the Ice Man (cause he's cool) Matthews!!!!

Judy said...

Oh, I forgot my names...

"Jake the dimpled delight"
or
"Jake the sweetest cupcake his Nana knows"
or
"Jake the blue-eyed heartbreaker"
or
"Jacob my heartstrings Matthews"

Sorry buddy, I can only think of you has my sweetie pie....how bout

"Jake sweetie pie Matthews"??? OK OK I'll stop.. Love you Nana