Sunday, March 25, 2007

Harley





Everybody, meet Harley. This is the other member of our family. He just turned 3 years old in January. For the most part he is a good dog. He is sooo patient with the kids and even protects them if he thinks we are hurting them. We can't even wrestle around with them if he is around. He is a big baby. He tries to act big when our neighbors dogs come out, though. In this first picture, he is out running around. I thought it was pretty cool how I caught in mid air, running. The second picture is of him and Mackie. They have a love-hate relationship. She usually takes his toys and then he will take hers. She enjoys giving him loving. They last picture is of Mack hugging him and saying something in Swahili to him. What I think is hilarious in those last two pictures, is his face. Notice he IS NOT real thrilled, but he endures. And for that, I guess we will keep him around for a little while longer. I am upset that I cut the top of her head and his bottom lip off. I was trying to get in close. Oh well.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Good Boy, Harley! I thought for a long time his name was No! No! Bad Dog. He is a BIG dog, who will climb up in your lap if you let him. He has an iron stomach too.
He is enduring the hug but I think he really loves the kids. Harley needs about 40 ac. to run off some energy. Mack sure looks like she loves him, at least for the moment.

Shelia said...

You can really tell how big he is in the last picture. I think his nose alone is the almost the size of her face! LOL Beautiful Jamie!

Heather said...

Wow, he's grown. He is like our Sadie. It's so good to have a dog that you can love on and will love on the kids as well.

I've always wondered...What do you do if there's too much snow for them to get around to relieve themselves?

AmyWhit said...

Awww...he's so pretty. How nice that he protects them. Tracy's lab, Dixie, is like that with the kids. No one gets out of their cars here that she doesn't know.

Umm..you will NEVER see a picture of Riley and Max together unless Max is gnawing on Riley's ankles! They have a hate-hate relationship! Max hates Riley, and Riley hates Max. I sometimes wish that Riley had a good dog to love as his own...but then I get over that. Maybe when he gets older. But I seriously think that the ONLY dog that would ever tempt me would be a bassett. My Roscoe was my baby. I loved that ol' hound dog!