Saturday, March 17, 2007

THE ICE MAN





Today was Jacob's first wrestling tournament. Oh my, the intensity of this first meet was incredible. I really didn't think that I was going to get knots in my stomach like I did. As Jacob was wrestling his opponents, I was wrenching my own body around like I was out there on the floor. You know, as a parent, you feel as if you have to help your child no matter what circumstance they are in. It is so different from football, although I really tried helping him then, too. In football, he has a whole team with him. In wrestling, it is just him, his opponent, and the mat. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. He won both his matches and ended up coming in first in his bracket!!!!!! We were so proud, not only because he won, but because he had fun and gave 100%. We left our house about 6:45 this morning and didn't get home until about 7:00 tonight. So, we are VERY tired. He, for once, decided to go to bed on his own. (Miracle)
The posts today is of course of the meet because, well, that is the only place we were today.

6 comments:

Shelia said...

*WOOHOO!!!* to Jake! CONGRATULATIONS MAN!!! GREAT JOB! Bubba will be so excited to see these pics. Good job there Mom and Dad!

AmyWhit said...

Wow. Congratulations, Jacob! Keep up the good work! Love the pics!

oldav8r said...

What a great turn out of events. Good job Jake! I guess you learned the rules to wrestling. He must be on cloud 9!

Heather said...

Great job, Jacob!!!

Mamie, I would be out on the mat if someone did something to my little angel. I'm glad you were able to stay in the stands.

You know, in the third picture, Jake looks a little like Tom Cruise. Love it!

Judy said...

Way to go Jake "the ice man" Matthews. Poppie is very proud and so is Nana. How about a picture of that blue ribbon?? Luke got his cleats for T ball, He and Charlie got new helments for baseball, Em is a firecracker, wow ya'll are a busy bunch. Love you all.

Lo216 said...

Hey Jamie. This is so fun! Derek is involved in Odyssey of the Mind and I was a wreck the WHOLE day. I was soooo nervous and Jess yelled at me becauseI didn't call her to meet me there because I dropped my cell phone in the car. It was so intense!