Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fishy, Fishy...



Fishy, fishy in the brook, come and bite my little hook.......J/K These are our fish. The orange one is Jacob's fish. He or she, whichever the case may be, swims sooo fast round and round our tank---kinda like Jake. I think this picture turned out pretty good. I like that you can see the lines in his fins. Pretty neat. This darker fish, the one that looks like a snake, is called a coolieloach. sp? He was actually named after Calvin Coolidge---so they told me at Petsmart. Anyway, we have had him for over a year. He pretty much lives through anything. He has lasted through about 5 other fish that I have killed, not purposely. He lives under those rocks. He swims under the rocks like the other fish swim through water. We had one more fish, a dalmation molly, but, sadly, she died after having 2 babies. She was Emily's fish. I can't find the babies anymore. And, remember, SHHHH, she doesn't know about that either.

7 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I really like the first photo. Like you, I like the dark lines in his fins. Looks like you drew him and added the lines for effect!

Lo216 said...

Jam~I got the hang of it! So far...It says on the mirror LoDogg and Jcreww 07. This is kinda fun!

Shelia said...

Tell Jake to stop fishing for Emmy's pets! They find out and do terrible things to their brothers! LOL Ok I see there is someone new blogging, have to go check it out!

Sister & Girls said...

The look on that fish is like "why is this lady taking my picture" but it came out good!! You people with these nice cameras now are making me jealous!!

Heather said...

me too, Jessica! The lag time on my camera has taken away many pictures I wanted of the kids and animals.
'
Mamie, we finally bid farewell to our fish. I was beginning to think he was immortal. It seems Seamus had other plans. He lasted 5 years! A Walmart fish!!! He lasted through 2 fish tanks that died!!

Judy said...

Hey, sorry it has taken me all day to get to look at the blogs...the fish looks great and the fact that you caught that fast thing is amazing! Love to all mom oxox

oldav8r said...

Jamie, the loach probably ate the babies. You have to separate the babies from the big ones or its down the gullett! My son had a pet fish---about the size of a bluegill---we had to buy goldfish for its dinner. UGH!