Saturday, March 24, 2007

The bridge


I am cheating today. We had another wrestling tournament today and didn't get back until late. But, Jacob placed 5th out of 11 boys today. We are so proud!!! This picture is taken on post, on the way to Otter lake. This little bridge is right before the lake. I like how it looks rustic, and how the ice is melted just enough for us to see the water that flows underneath it. I also like the way the sun shines through the trees on the snow. It looks like a place of quiet, frozen serenity!!

4 comments:

AmyWhit said...

pretty place. I bet you do like seeing the water thawing a bit. I couldn't stand the cold for so long, although I'll be wishing for it after a few months of 100 degree temps!

Congrats to Jacob! He's doing really well with his new sport.

Regarding clarity...it's all about the light and focus. I also set the camera to use one focal point and I put the focus on the eyes. My pics have improved over the past five years with alot of reading and practice. And Thank you!

Shelia said...

oooh, looks like a winter postcard. This is a really nice shot Jamie.

Way to go Ice Man!

Heather said...

Jake the Ice Man, maybe the next WWF champ?!?!?!?

Beautiful picture! It's like the Earth coming alive again after a long winter.

I kinda want snow after the hot, humid, pollen filled days we've been having.

The count down is on, 5 days until he's home. YEA!

Judy said...

This is a really beautiful place, winter or summer. I do believe the water is just as cold in the summer as it is in the winter, brrr.

Good subject and pic.