Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lettin' Loose









Today we decided to go try to dig out our trailer that has all of our 4-wheelers in it. When we got there, we found that the snow plow truck had plowed right in front of the trailer leaving about a 3 foot wall of snow that turned into ice. How nice of him, huh?? So, instead of trying to chip ice for hours and hours, we decided to have some fun on the mountain of snow that he had pushed up. We sledded or fell (as the case may be) down the snow hill several times. It was lots of fun. No one was injured in these pictures. The last one, yes, it is me. Shane took this picture while I was sledding down Dyea Ski hill. After we left the storage lot, we decided to go to Dyea. This is a bunny hill on post. To us, it's called cheap fun, because it is free and it wears the kids, and me, out from walking up this hill all the time, but it sure is fun to sled down it. (Just ask mom and dad, they went down a much, much bigger hill, and lived to tell about it!) GOTTA LOVE THE ACTION SHOTS!!!

6 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Cool! Riley would have a BLAST! His sand pile became his bunny slope. Not as much fun, I'm sure...but way warmer! I can't even imagine riding 4-wheelers in that cold! How are you likin' your camera for the action shots? You have to love the lack of shutter lag!

oldav8r said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oldav8r said...

Had a woops with the post??? UGH! All that snow. I spent 30 years in Michigan and I've had enough snow for a lifetime. Like to look at it but don't like to feel it! Too cold.

Jamie, as for the B.B.&.T. Bank, it has moved but the building is still there. I heard the upper floor will be up-scale condos and the main floor will be Starbucks. Then the other coffee shops began screaming, so who knows what it will finally be.

jamie said...

I love the new camera. It is actually spoiling me. Because of shutter lag, I missed a LOT of great shots of the kiddos. You know kids, they won't stay still for one minute.

Judy said...

Looks like great fun. We did have a blast, who would have thought your dad would have done such a thing??

Love the Picture of my babies..wish Em had choosen a diffrent one.. need to see those blue eyes

Heather said...

I can't believe all the blue hues that go with the white. The colors are so bright and vibrant. Blue and white are my favorite colors, of course. The first one of McKinley is so cute- the others are too, but the first one really reminds me of a little eskimo (except the blonde hair).