Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Baby backhoe?




Ever since Jacob was a little baby, he has wanted to help Poppie buy a bobcat. He has been saving his money. He even told Poppie that he had a dollar to put towards a bobcat, because he and Poppie NEEDED one for "their" business. Well, today, about 6-7 years after he saved a whole dollar for the bobcat, we ran across this machine. Jacob immediately said, MOM, I wonder how much that cost, that way I can help Poppie at work. So, Jacob is still on the lookout for a bobcat. But for today, we decided that they could work side by side in this machine.

I had to throw this picture in because how many times do I really get to see my two older children hugging like they love each other. And, no, I didn't MAKE them do this. Today was picture day at school, and I guess since they got all dressed up for the occasion, they were abnormally cordial to each other. Maybe I should make them dress like this everyday.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Poppie had to wipe a tear early today! Not many people offer to help you pay for the expensvie equipment. Would love for his boys to be here, all three of them. He's laying pipe today could use some young backs!

About the horses, Not to much touch up, mostly I added a little focus, I think I hit the sunlight just right yesterday.
Let us know how "Jake the Ice Man Matthews" makes out...

Shelia said...

Ohh thats a good name! Jamie those are awesome pics! What a great guy ya'll are raising. Seeing your family always makes me smile. ~smiles~ <----See? LOL

Sister & Girls said...

I just can not believe how handsome Jacob is becoming!! Look out girls!! And Emmy of course is beautiful! Look out Shane!! haha I slacked again yesterday oops! sry!

Heather said...

What a great story about helping poppie buy a bobcat. He has such a gentle spirit and loving heart!

I think their school pictures will be great, but if not, their mom can take some awesome pictures herself.

oldav8r said...

What a great brother and sister team. Just beautiful, for the moment!

As for the backhoe, its in his blood, he can't help himself.

AmyWhit said...

Little boys and their love of BIG equipment. It never ceases to amaze me. Heck, I even learned a bit from watching Riley's equipment videos from sunrise to sunset...over and over and over.

Love the one of J&E together. Sweetness!