Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Daddy's girl(s)


McKinley is such a daddy's girl. She would much rather be doing something with daddy than me. Don't get me wrong, she loves me, I know that. But, there is just something about those daddy's. I always loved being with my dad, still do. There is just some special bond there between a daddy and a daughter. I thought that this shot just captured that bond. There is nothing sweeter than seeing her little hand tucked ever so gently in his hand. Emily is like this with daddy too. He can be out in the garage working on 4-wheelers or his truck, and Emily is right there with him, watching every move. I used to do the same with my dad. I used to like to "help" my dad. I didn't ever think I was really doing anything unless I was dirty. Being dirty is the key to helping every dad. I probably mostly got in the way, but I thought that my dad was---is great. He could fix anything,(still does in my eyes.) They are true heros, because like the saying goes, Any man can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a daddy. Love both of ya, dad!!!!

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

sweetness! Love it.

Judy said...

You are breaking my heart! How sweet is that? I loved my daddy too. I miss him.

I wish May would hurry...but then slide on the breaks for the two weeks I'm with ya'll.

oldav8r said...

That Daddy/Daughter relationship is indeed special and those of us who had a great Dad are truely blessed. I love this pic as much as the tootsi toes! You have great subject matter!

Shelia said...

OK I'm crying now. Jamie you could not have captured it more perfectly if you tried girl.

Heather said...

What a great shot!

Boy, it makes me miss my dad too. It's so comforting to know that we girls will always have the one man God made for us on our side, no matter what...our dad.

Jamie, you have the best pictures and stories which go with them.