Friday, March 9, 2007

King of the Mountain






My kids had today off from school. As most of you know, these can be very trying days as a parent. Usually Jacob and Emily fight all day long, and Mackie seems to think that because they are yelling, she needs to put her 2 cents in, too, with the occasional scream. So, we decided to go up the mountain to keep them out of each others space. Arctic Valley is what it is called. Beautiful photographs can be taken from there. The first photo is a mountain range called "Sleeping Lady". If you look at this mountain, it looks like a lady laying down and her hair is out flowing behind her. Mt. McKinley is just to the left of it. Today wasn't as clear as I want it to be to get that shot yet. It will come though. The second shot is of some peaks that you can see from the road. When you travel down this road, you are reminded just how small we, as humans, are. God is so BIG, and He creates such beautiful things. (Wait till you see this in the summer.) The last picture is of the city of Anchorage from on top of the mountain. I always feel like shouting from here, KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!! I didn't realize until I looked at the pictures when we got home the mountains in the background. I am not real happy with these, but they'll do for now! For a second, we truly were on top of the world.

5 comments:

Judy said...

WOW and BRRR...One of my favortie places to visit is on this mountian, Yes sweetie, I believe God made them to remind us how small we are in His world, but also how big His love is for us.

The pictures are wonderful, just think if Amy would get on a plane she could work her magic and sell them in town, like the other pro's do.

Sister & Girls said...

Way to get out there and capture Alaska!! They are awesome..I love the first picture! It looks like a postcard!

AmyWhit said...

Wow...the view is breathtaking from up there. You are truly in a beautiful place, and I'm so glad that you've decided to capture it on "film" before you leave (and share it with all of us!)

Heather said...

Love the pics! I'm so glad you give us some pictures of Beautiful Alaska, although the kid pix are my favorite. I love the state, the views and experiences are breathtaking, but I would much rather you all be so close we could hug you.

oldav8r said...

Jamie you have made me homesick today. I love the Low Country, but there is so much majesty in the mountains. Being from Chattanooga I grew up at the base of three great mountains. When I go home now --on 95-- I get to Rome Georgia and breath a sigh of great comfort. That's where the mountains begin from this direction. Everyone from the mountains claims to have one short leg caused by mountain walking. LOL Those are teriffic pic. Love them!