Saturday, March 3, 2007

STICKS!!




We went out to Wasilla, AK today, which is about 25-30 minutes from my house. On the way out there, there is a tundra. This tundra has "sticks" in it. My kiddos always think that we are almost to Nana's when we go by them. Let me explain......As all of you know, when you are coming from Beaufort, on Hwy 17, there are some trees out in the marsh that dead from the salt water. They have become a landmark for my kids. When we moved to Alaska, and were exploring, we saw these dead trees and my kids shouted, "We are almost at Nana's!!!! I see the sticks!!!" So here are Alaska's STICKS!!

2 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Hey, Jaime! The "sticks" on Hwy 17 was the first thing I thought of when I saw these pics. Weird, eh? I actually have a pic of the Sheldon sticks on my blog! Not sure if you saw them.

Nice job on your photos. I talked to your mom at church today about the blog...and she told me the news about the new cameras! How exciting! She wants to go out "shooting" together one day. Get your butt down here where it belongs and we'll all go!

Judy said...

Hey Sweeties,

Beautiful Pictures...Did ya'll go to get Jacob's chaps & lasso?

Talk to you soon.

OXOX