Thursday, March 29, 2007

Volcano??

I took this picture as we were coming onto post. It is of the sun setting behind the mountains. It was kind of an overcast day. This cloud almost looks like a volcano that is smouldering. Up here, it is not uncommon for a volcano to do this, however I don't think that this is a volcano. Shane thinks it is. But, I thought that this shot was worthy of blogging. I thought it looked really cool.
I probably won't be posting pictures this weekend. But, not to worry, I should have some pretty good shots to post on Sunday night. Hopefully, I can make it up.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Comment from a wise person "If does not have a hole in it, it is NOT a volcano" (gwb as enlightened by erm.) Very nice shot!

Ya'll be careful, have a safe trip and tell The Ice Man to do his best. And Poppie and Nana will be praying for all of you.

And yes you all need to get your butts home!

Shelia said...

That is a really shot Jamie. It does look like a volcano!

AmyWhit said...

Beautiful. I'm partial to sunset pictures, and this is a great one. =) Good luck to Jacob!

oldav8r said...

That's a really great sunset, but I suspect the white stuff blowing at the top isn't ash but SNOW. Brrr
I don't know how a southern gal can take Alaska, good thing you are young and strong. Blessings and safe travel to you this weekend.