Thursday, March 8, 2007

THE CUP




Some of you may already know this story, but I felt the need to capture "the cup" for you. My mom always used this very cup to make her famous sweet tea. I knew exactly how much sugar was needed just by this cup. It measured very exact. If you did not use this cup, the tea just wouldn't taste the same. So, I went off to college and eventually I got married. I began wondering just how I was supposed to make tea because I did not have "THE CUP". I just knew that the southern sweet tea as I knew it, would not be the same for the family that I was beginning. What was I to do?? Well, at my wedding shower, I got this gift from my mom. As I opened it, there it was!! It was beautiful. THE CUP. Of all the wonderful and brand new nice things that I received that day, this cup meant the world to me. It even brought tears to my eyes (some of you probably remember this). So now I make pretty darn good tea, just because I have the cup that measures the sugar perfectly. Thanks, mom. It may become our family heirloom. It may not look like much, but she sure does measure sugar good. The second picture I just threw in there because I think the world should know how handsome my boy is!!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, not so early...you made me cry...You are my "sweet pea" and I'm calling the Army today I want you home!!! By the way it's not the cup it's the love you make the tea with that makes it extra sweet.

And all of you Jamie, Heather, Amy and Shelia...stop showing the world our sweet handsome southern boys...some girl some where is making plans right now. And I for one will not let go easily. LOVE MY BOYS! Emmy and Mack too of course. MOM xoxo

Shelia said...

Jamie that was beautiful. Little things are so special. Ok I agree on the handsomeness of that little man of yours!

Heather said...

Man, I miss my nephew! (and the girls too) Jamie, he is so special. He is handsome, but not only one the outside. He has a heart of Gold and is such a Child of God! You are doing such a good job with the kids God has given you. I love all ya'll very much!
I miss you guys, too.

AmyWhit said...

I remember the cup! LOL. Send me a glass of that tea for a taste test! I couldn't live without sweet tea, and neither could Riley.

Jacob is very handsome, and I think our boys are alot alike. They have sweet, sweet souls. Don't get me wrong, there are days I'd like to knock Riley's little head off, but he is such a sweet boy....and I know your Jacob is the same.

Sister & Girls said...

THE CUP is still kickin' huh? I can remember when I had to go out and buy that Mr Coffee tea brewer for Jason but it still wasn't as good as yours and its probably b/c of THE CUP!! I can remember calling you and asking you how much sugar you put it yours and you said "I don't know I just use the cup" haha funny stuff!!

Judy said...

Ya'll could just measure???

The replacement cup does a pretty good job, albeit is not as well known.

oldav8r said...

Jamie the treasures in life are misleading. They need not be expensive or guilded. but MOMS. I feel the same as you---my Moms stuff is all I have left and everynow and then I just gotta sit down and look and think on whatever it was that sparked my attention. In my case it is my Mom's jewelery. It was mostly costume or slightly expensive, but I cry everytime one of the items gets damaged. I even cry just looking at them. I hope you keep "The CUP" forever.