Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is in the air



Spring is in the air!!!!! OK, so today it snowed. Well, I can at least dream of all the wonderful things that come with spring, right???? These pictures were taken last summer (May). I love planting my flowers and watering them everyday. Watering flowers is a huge stress reliever. Sometimes I think my flowers are going to drown from all my stress..haha. The colors and size of the flowers up here are AMAZING. I have never in my life seen humongous flowers like these. It is because in the summer, we have about 22-23 hours of sunlight. (The sun never really goes down. The darkest it gets is like dusk there.) The sun goes around in a circle in the sky. In the winter, we only have about 5 hours of sunlight. It comes up about 10am and goes down about 3pm. The sun kinda goes to the side of the sky. It comes up and then goes down. It never reaches the middle of the sky. Right now, we have about 12-13 hours of sun. But, we are gaining about 5 minutes of sunlight a day, which means summer IS coming!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Good Lord those are big! They definately pop Jamie! Your mom should be there just in time for spring flowers right? Cool beans! Very nice pics!

Judy said...

I remember how beautiful these were and how huge...also that they take a lot of water because of the wind. So you can feel the thaw huh? When does the "fire weed" start up the mountains? That might make a good photo. Love you so much, May is coming and so am I, Mom

and oh yeah, my mother too.

Heather said...

I love the colors!
I remember the colors all over that outdoor mall when we came up there...so vivid and bright!

Did you really have to take a whole panel off the car door?

Love ya!! call you soon!

AmyWhit said...

Oh my gosh! Those are some huge flowers! Love them. They are beautiful.