Monday, April 30, 2007

The little details



I took these shots because I really love the "not looking at the camera look" now. Maybe, because it is all I get without them making some kind of crazy face. I don't know who they might get that trait from, do you?? In the first shot, I loved Jacob's freckles and his blue eyes. In the second shot, I really tried to focus on the crinkle in Emily's nose. It is amazing how you can notice even the littlest detail on your kids. Being a parent, has to be one of the most rewarding jobs on earth, and I am so fortunate that I can focus all my attention on them. At the end of the day, what really matters??? I look at those freckles and that same crinkle in the nose and know that this is my purpose, and everything else just fades in the background!

5 comments:

TaraG said...

You know, I too love the "not looking into the camera shots" There is just something about them! You know it's like that in real life, when you look at your kids and just take it all in! Remember, when they were babies and sleeping and you could just look at them all day and of course as they get older they don't sit still or you get caught up in the daily activities that you miss it. That's why I love these kid of shots that way you can look back on those little details. Great job! I must say very cute freckles and wrinkled nose!

Judy said...

I'll be kissin' those freckles & crinkles very soon! (and some little piggies)

Great job! Sweet pea!

Wendy said...

Great pics those not looking at the camera pics are the best sometime! Your kids are so cute!

Shelia said...

Jamie, I'm begging you...I'm pleading with you...STOP FEEDING THEM MIRACLE GROW!!! Can't wait for ya'll to be home girl.

AmyWhit said...

Jake looks like he's in deep thought in that one, Jamie. I don't think this one needs anything at all.

Love Emily's wrinkled up nose. She is such a mess, isn't she?! I'm sure there is never a dull moment in your household when that child is around. How is she doing now that you guys have done your fire drill with the ladder? I hope she is getting over some of the trauma. What a horrible tragedy.