Monday, April 2, 2007

Wild, Wild North???




Yes, these were taken on our trip. They were actually at the hotel where we stayed. They had really neat stuff there from a 146# halibut (fish) on the wall to a black bear stuffed on top of a coke machine. They had a newspaper article about when Alaska became the 49th state framed. They also, had this cash register. It sat behind the desk where the receptionist was. At first I thought that they still used it. It looked so saloonish to me. I can just see this sitting in the saloon of one of the many western saloons that I have been and am made to watch over and over and over again. Or should I say 'westerins'. =)
The inscription on the top says Save your check. It is valuable. The second photo was also in the lobby of the hotel. I think it is an old barbers chair. But I don't know. Do any of you???

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow those are nice. Looks like a barbers chair to me!!! You did a great job!

Judy said...

Dad says Mr. Shorty still uses a chair like that.

When I was a kid (a long long time ago!)they had a National Cash Reg. just like this in Belks downtown. It shook the entire second floor of that old house when they rang up your purchase. It seemed huge to me! And the numbers jumped up to show what you owed..thanks for the memory reminder. My Nanny who always sewed all my clothes, took me & my sister to Belks to buy us a dress.. we both got a complete outfit..undies and all. When that big register stopped shaking I'll never forget it said $56.07 in big numbers...oh my word it might as well been a million to me..so I told my Nanny "you don't have to get this for me...it's to much" she smiled and said "let me worry about that" We wore our outfits for Easter! Love my Nanny!

AmyWhit said...

neat stuff. it looks like a barber's chair to me too. did you get a pic of the stuffed bear on the coke machine?