Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Our Street



This is a shot of our street. We live in the tan one. haha. Can you guess which one?? That is the best and worst thing about housing. They virtually ALL look alike. There is no picking colors, no picking flooring, or appliances. And we all have the same brown picket fence. I wonder if they chose brown because of army colors.....huh??? When we give directions, it is alway go to tan house..... oh yeah, I mean...... Anyway, we were coming home one night from something, it was about 6:30-7ish at night, and the sun was shining so brightly on our houses. It was kinda pretty. I like the color variation in the sky. Anyway, I took it because it looked cool, then I thought it was stupid, and something just keep tugging at me, so here it is.... Our Street.

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Do you ever pull into the wrong drive? LOL. Maybe they picked brown because a white fence would have just gotten lost in all the snow!

Wendy said...

It looks real nice! I love the colors in the sky also. I bet you can't wait to pick some color's!

oldav8r said...

Jamie are those multiple apartments in one unit? We had almost the same thing in Germany back in the 70's, only they were cinderblock and tan stucco. I guess the Army doesn't hire a designer! LOL

jamie said...

There is 4 apartments in one building. These are actually one of the nicer ones. They have the same building with 8 apartments in it. We used to live in those. However, they have just built new houses, and they are like a duplex. Different colors too!!! I think that is because they are going to privatized housing. Military housing hasn't changed much over the years, I guess!! In DC, we used to live in a 700 Square foot apartment with me, Shane, Jake and Emily. There was a fall out shelter underneath. How crazy is that??

Shelia said...

I'm with Amy on the color of the fence! LOL