Saturday, April 28, 2007

GOLD



Well, as you can see by the title of this post, Ice man won GOLD!!!! HOORAH!! or should I say HOOAH? (go army). Anyway, there were 4 kids in his 70 lb. bracket. So, he wrestled his 3 opponents, and won them all by pinning them. He pinned one kid in 17 seconds. Woohoo!! We are so very proud of him for going out and doing his very best. He told me last night that he knew he could do it because "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Isn't that something coming from an 8 year old? I wonder if they know exactly how much they teach us? Also, I used the story of "The Little Engine That Could". (The Major Payne version.) So, right before he went out on the mat, all I said was Toot! Toot! LOL. So, the blog today is dedicated to my little ICE MAN!!! Congrats, buddy!! State championship is next week, so everyone be ready!!!

5 comments:

oldav8r said...

I heard about Icemans' gold before I saw the blog. Somebody's Grandpa is very proud. Way to go Iceman!

Wendy said...

Thanks Jamie for the comment! Ice Man is the man isn't he great job!

As for Jason, it is so sad that they are step brothers and only see each other at funerals or weddings! He is not married and no kids. He works in Charleston as a relator! He is still the sweet Jason!

Judy said...

Good job buddy! Yes Christ will help us always!

You are a good boy Jake!

Toot! Toot!

XOXOXO

AmyWhit said...

Your Nana told the whole story this morning in Sunday school. Way to go Jake! State championships....nationals...then Olympic gold! =) Toot! Toot! (that made me lol this morning)

Shelia said...

WOOWOO ICEMAN!! Way to go buddy!Jan is right, there are some proud grandparents on this side of the world! LOL (and friends too!)We are so proud of you Jake, always take Christ with you and you will never go wrong.