Sunday, April 1, 2007

Lions and tigers and BEARS! Oh my!





Well, we had a wonderful trip!! I have to say that Kenai and Soldotna have to be the prettiest in the state of Alaska that I have seen so far. It kind of reminded me of where I grew up 20 years ago, before everything got so commercialized. Ice man did well!! I think he placed about 6th of about 13 boys in his weight bracket!! Yippee!! He got his first pin. He was so excited. On the way home we stopped at this wildlife conservation place. They take in animals that are hurt/have no home. These bears were totally posing for the camera. They must've seen my big honkin' lens coming. These bears are brown bears. The guy who runs the place says they have been out of hibernation for a while. I really wish we could've seen a bear in the wild, but they are probably just starting to wake up and are probably really hungry!! So, I am happy just to see these guys! We got some truly awesome shots, so I will sharing them I am sure. Shane says we got enough shots for a whole month of blogging!!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Jamie your family is beautiful. I can't believe they are wearing short sleves I'm freezing for them. What lovely bears too. LOoks like they have had their picture taken before!

Shelia said...

Alright IceMan! Way to go! Everyone looks great girl! About the pics for a month, just tell him you like to stay prepared and ahead of the game! LOL The bears are awesome! I can't wait to show Bubba. Please tell Jake, Bubba is waiting for him to come home so they can go fishing and camping! LOL

AmyWhit said...

The first two shots are wonderful! I love the one of Shane and the kids! What a beautiful backdrop! The close-up of the bear is great!

Heather said...

I love the first picture! Isn't it great to have them all together? I can't believe that we are all back together.

Watch out, Mamie, Jeff is out with the camera these days and is looking for ways to test your knowledge. He gets a real kick out of blogging.

I'm so glad to have him home!!!

Judy said...

Hey sweetie, I am late commenting today, but I just love the pic of Shane and the kids. I think you said it was 40 degrees the day you took this pic when we spoke on the phone, a regular heat wave.

Love the bears too! They look so cute...but how deceiving they are, one swipe with that paw and you're a gonner. Best viewed through the fence.

oldav8r said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oldav8r said...

I guess the kids are comfortable with that cold, no jackets! Brrr! That first bear pic looks like he is thinking some really bad. They scare me a lot. There so big and so very quick. I'm just glad they were well fed!