Sunday, July 29, 2007

What a day!!!

Emily had a most 'wonderful' birthday!!! She had about 15 people at her bowling party today... She had 5 friends that are around her age....The rest are her friends that also happen to be mine and Shane's friends...LOL....
Of all the friends that came, this one probably was one of most special!! This was her VIP at the party!! His name is Aaron. He and Shane have been friends for a LONG time. And when we first got up here to Alaska, they didn't know that the other was here, until they saw each other at formation.. Ever since then, he has been in Emily's life....She loves Aaron!! He loves being with our kids, it's like another uncle for them!! He just got home for leave (R&R) from Iraq!! She said that she didn't even recognize him!! But then it was a big hug!! Needless to say, her day was great!!
Moving right along.....right after Em's birthday party was football practice... Little man is doing really good this year... He is tackling people left and right! He is a lineman on defense, and a right pulling guard on offense. He was promised a mohawk if he did his very best and knocked some heads!! Well, since he can't really have a mohawk during the school year (Christian school won't allow it) he got one tonight!! This is a big transformation for him.... he now is a warrior!! Would you want to be right in front of him on the line???? I think I will pass!!!









We didn't cut this in a point, it is the way his hair grows!!! crazy!! The purple mark below it is a bruise... from football!!! I know this was a lot for today, but this is just another full day for us!!!



5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

I think I'll make Aaron a VIP at MY birthday later in the year! Will he be home from Iraq by October?! LOL. I'm so glad to hear that Emily enjoyed her special day and that she had such a great turn out of friends to help her celebrate!!

I heard about the mohawk from your mom this morning in Sunday school, but I wasn't expecting pictures already! What is it with boys and mohawks?! I dread the day.....LOL.
He does look quite intimidating in that first picture though.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

WOW he looks mean to me. Looks like he is going to be someone to fear on the field. Miles always wanted a mohawk somehow it just never happened. The spike cut lasted a while. I love Emily's cake! Glad she had a good day!

Shelia said...

Your post is great! LOL The cake is just beautiful and the pic of Aaron and Em is priceless.

I'm sorry, the pics of Jake are just too awesome! Boys are such a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of your very busy day. My favorite is Em blowing out the candles. I guess the mohawk phase will go away someday, but for now it will strike terror in the opponent, very intimidating!

Judy said...

I know Em was thrilled to see Aaron. (me too glad he's home and ok.) Love the picture of her talking to him.

Lord, Bubba is intimidating...
freckles and all.

I hate the bruise..dad said his helment did it.