Friday, July 20, 2007

Keepin cool in Alaska

So, tonight is keepin cool night!!! I almost forgot!! Most of you probably expected me to post some snow pictures.....but we are in the middle of summer ya know...I knew that you guys know how I keep cool in the winter, but in the summer well, that is another story!! Sometimes, it reaches about 80 degrees and then only gets down to about high 60's at night. And, well, we don't have air conditioning up here. Even most of the civilian population don't even have AC. It really gets hot in our houses!! SO, to keep cool in the summer we all have fans!!!! It is pretty funny because in all the stores lie empty shells where fans used to be! That is how you know it is summer in Alaska!!! So, keep cool everybody!!




8 comments:

Judy said...

80 It was 92 here the other night! Thank God we have AC..Your house is hot..I remember you having the windows open in the winter..

Nice fan

I'll tell Dad, a motor is a motor I'm sure he can fix it, if it is fixable.

Have you seen the post from your brother w with Afganhi children? It's under the map...I just saw it some how I had missed it. What Shane have to say about it?

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Sorry it is 5:00 am and I just woke up and my brain and my hands are not connected at the moment.

Judy said...

It is NOT a wine glass it is a Beverage goblet...so there!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Really you need fans in Alaska? just seems a little odd. I guess we
all think its cool all the time.

Wendy said...

Wow, I would have never thought you needed fans or AC there. I hope you keep cool!

AmyWhit said...

I can't imagine not having AC!! Hope you can stay cool this summer. At least it doesn't approach 100 degrees there!

Heather said...

I love fans, even in the frigid artic that is my house. My parents were here for a few days and mom had to wear full sleeves and a blanket most of the day. I did turn the ac up for her, but she was still freezing.

We had a fly in here and could not get him...dad laughed and said,"He won't last long in here...he'll freeze to death!" Pop and Nana think it's cold in here too.