Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hey guys!! Sorry about no picture today! I do have one!! Everyday at 1700 hours or 5:00pm, the flag comes down on post. They have a song that is played, can't remember what it is called right now, and then the cannon goes off!! So, I went and thought I would get a pic of the cannon going off with the smoke coming out of it, but since it is the 4th of July, they didn't do it!! I thought it would be perfect with the flag coming down and then a shot of the cannon going off. I did take pics of the flag coming down though! But, I can' t seem to find my USB cable to hook to my camera, and I don't have a card reader! SO...... I did take pics, but am having technical difficulty. (Actually, the cable is in the room with Emily and my mother in law who is visiting!! And they are asleep!)

As for an update on Shane.........he keeps having stabbing pains in his head, which makes him feel nauseated. He can't talk to ya, much less do anything else. Then afterward, he just sleeps. Today, all his muscles hurt, like he has been beaten up. I did take him to the ER yesterday, and they did a CT scan and it didn't show any bleeding in his brain, so that is good, but what the heck is happening. Good news is, his neurologist is putting in a consult with Palo Alto VA clinic in California. Supposedly this is a top notch facility. Stanford Univ school of Medicine practices there. They have a traumatic brain injury rehab place there. I really think that he needs to go....but there is a catch.... The army will pay for me to go, but not the kids. So, pray that God will show us the way and that we will have answers to all these burning questions that all of us have!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!! We didn't see any fireworks,( I don't know what the point of even having them in the summer, because it is light out when they go off!!) but, we did have a pretty good day! Thanks to all you veterans out there who have served and who serve today, so that me and my family will be safe!!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Hope you had a restful day. We are praying to that Shane will get to go to CA and get the BEST cae availble.

I'd love to have the babies come here for three months..me, JoJo, Mom, Aunt Jackie, & Shelia & Heather & all of us..could help then!!

Oh, and we were at the Seno's NOT in our hay field.

AmyWhit said...

Your mom told me about the kids not being able to go to California with you guys. We have to find a solution. Send them here, and we'll all help out with taking care of them. I have dibs on Fridays!

I will pray that Shane goes to California to the hospital and that they will find out what is going on with him and fix it.

Shelia said...

Ok girl, if the kids can come here the schools will make special consideration for them. Bubba and Jake and Pooh and Em would be in the same class! Cool beans huh?

I pray for Jesus to lay His hand on Shane for healing and bless him in a mighty way. I pray you hear God whispering in your ear, giving you strength and courage.

Brewton Girl said...

Girl you amaze me, you and Shelia both. You guys are so strong!! I know its hard when all your family is so far away. Just know that we are praying for you everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope Shane has had a better day and that you can get some relief from your stress. I will post a prayer request on my Yahoo page. Our group has a prayer coordinator and she prays a mighty prayer. Everyone from Texas to Minnasota will be praying for ya"ll. Love and Blessings.