Saturday, July 14, 2007

Some beach, Somewhere!!!!

Well, let me see!!! Smells of summer..........Up here in Alaska, we have summer all of 2 days, this year at least! So, when I think of summer and the summertime smells, I think of the beach, suntan lotion, watermelon, bar-b-q's, baked beans, ....... So the closest that I can come to any of that is this candle!! It is Sun and Sand by Yankee candles. It smells like suntan lotions! I burn it all the time, especially when I want a little hint of summertime up here in the Artic!

Doesn't this look inviting??? Some beach, somewhere!!!!! (this is how I feel most of the time!!!)


3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Very inventive, Jamie! I don't think I've ever smelled that fragrance of the Yankee candle, but I think I'll have to make a point to! I'm surprised, what with you being such a proud Carolina girl, that you'd even have anything "yankee" in your home. LOL!

I thought for sure someone would take pictures of a grill in action. I also kind of counted on watermelon, fresh-cut grass and honeysuckle; all of which are some of my favorite smells of summer. I never thought of the hay though! And never did I expect a candle! We all did so good!

Judy said...

Good job sweetie...very clever. One day..hopfully by next year you'll be smellin' it for rael.

Judy said...

Hey Jamie

Great Job! When the candle is burning, just close your eyes and believe! But I have to ask...surely you don't miss the heat, you know, so hot and humid that you have to take a knife out to cut a chunk of air to shove up your nose to breath......