Friday, July 13, 2007

Out and about

Tonight after football practice we went riding around to see if we could find the bears that everyone but me has seen!!! Instead of bears, we found this cotton wood tree. I have been wanting to take pictures of this for awhile. Around the first of July this tree always starts letting cotton fall from it. It really looks like it is snowing in July.... And believe me, we get enough of the white stuff!! But after it all settles, it looks like this around the trees. This picture is taken at Cottonwood park.

This is a picture of the cotton up close!!

This is a purple weed I think. But it is a beautiful weed!! I think it is called blue bells. Not sure.

I am still working on the smell of summer. Nothing up here really reminds me of the smell of summer!! Jacob and Emily says that I should take a picture of Mac's smelly crocs!!! LOL. I will figure something out though!!!

4 comments:

Shelia said...

Wow! That last pic is beautiful! Love the color!

Judy said...

Dad has a hatred for cotton wood trees..he is trying to remove them all from the face of thr earth..a one man rampage. The flowers are very nice you need to add them to your pots..weeds or not unless it is illegal.

Guess Jo Jo and the girls are on there way today..Hope you have a real good time..she's like a white tornado so let her loose.

AmyWhit said...

Beautiful weed/flowers! I like the one of the tree too! At least it's warm when that "snow" is on the ground!

Anonymous said...

I heard the defanition for wee is just a plant grwoing where nobody wants it. So if you really want it, it must therefore be a "flower"! It is deffinately beautiful.