Tuesday, July 24, 2007

His Boots


To some, military is just hoorah kind of guys and girls that run around in camoflauge. To me, it is a way of life. We are very proud of our flag and what it stands for. Day in and day out he puts on these boots and goes off to work.....sometimes to the opposite ends of the earth to fight for our freedom. The very freedoms that you and I enjoy and take for granted everyday. Shane always says these boots and his feet are what pays our bills. But, I know different. It takes a very special and courageous person to fill these boots! Not everyone is cut out for these boots. Not everyone would lay down their life and sacrifice everything just to insure that you and I can enjoy the very comforts that we have become accustom to. I thank God everyday that my husband and every other person who has served and are serving have put on these boots and have sacrificed everything- their families, their lives, their bodies unselfishly for me and my children..
All over my house are hints of camoflauge and desert boots. Sometimes it clutters up my house as he packs for missions, 'nature walks'-(road marching), and even for combat. I hear taps playing outside my house everyday, and along our streets are flags waving in the wind.... We are a very patriotic group of people.... We as wives and children are left many times to carry on at home, to be independent, to make sure that he doesn't have to worry about anything while he is gone except for his safety and his mission. We have to carry on this way and wait anxiously and patiently until those boots come walking in our door again.
I felt that I had to get this out today. Shane's platoon in Iraq has had many injured and sent home and one killed. These were all guys we knew... the people next door, the people who wear these boots day in and day out, go without sleep, without all the ammenities of home. They do this for all of us, unselfishly give up everything. It is what is in their heart. They love what they do, and they wouldn't have it any other way. Please keep praying for all our men and women serving, who are courageous enough to put on these boots!

13 comments:

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Amen.

How is Freeman? and Mitzi and the kids? and How's Shane takin it?

Heather said...

Thank you Mamie! I really love the way you put thoughts into words. I'm new to this way of life, but feel that my soldier IS really doing what he loves to do.

I'm glad that he has a pair of boots, too.

Prayers are coming from all directions here!

Shelia said...

Beautifully put girl. Our camo laden families are forever lifted up and thanked more than they can ever know.

Brewton Girl said...

That was awesome!!

AmyWhit said...

God bless each and every one of them. The brave men and women who sacrifice so much to protect this country and her people.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Jamie that was so touching. I am thankful that we have brave men & women fighting for our freedom. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Lo216 said...

o my goodness. jamie you made me cry. real tears! you are very articulate. i still look at your page almost every day even though i do not participate.

Lo216 said...

o my goodness. jamie you made me cry. real tears! you are very articulate. i still look at your page almost every day even though i do not participate.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jamie for being the biggest support those boots will every have. I too have those same feelings every since Mike chose to serve back in 1967. Back then most men were drafted---went reluctantly, but Mike could not see a future if he was not in the Army flying. Why he did not pick the Air Force, I do not know, but all he wanted was to fly Army helicopters. BE proud, be strong. Love you and Shane.

Nancy S. said...

Jamie, that was so touching and so true. I pray for all of the men and women that wear those boots. So sorry for the family that just lost a loved one. Stay strong and remember " Because He Lives, We Can Face Tommorow" Love You

Sister & Girls said...

AMEN! Very well put. You had tears coming down my cheeks!! I sure do miss the military life & still hold it dear to my heart!!

Judy said...

Jamie

How very true that it takes someone special to fill those boots! But it also takes a very special wife/husband to support the person who fills those boots. Thank you for the sacrifice that you and Shane make to serve our Country. Take a picture of your shoes sister cause it takes a very special person to fill those shoes too!