Saturday, July 28, 2007

Some beach.....



Well, if we were at a real beach we wouldn't have to improvise!!........Tomorrow is Emily's birthday!! I think she is 5 going on like 25.... We hadn't figured out what we were doing for it until last Thursday, so she and I laid in the bed discussing what it was that we were going to do....She said, 'I got it covered mom.' I told her that she needed to tell me so at least I could be her taxi driver.... Where does she get this independence from??? Anyway, we decided on the bowling alley!! And I would make the cake... Hence the picture... It is an ice cream cake....so easy to make...a Sara Lee cake cut in half and chocolate ice cream in the middle....with twizzlers to make the flip flop straps and M&M's around the bottom.... Cool whip is the frosting...The sand is made out of graham cracker crust!!! Amazing that this is what she wanted and it was SOOOO easy!!! Wish you guys could be here for her birthday!! Maybe next year!!
side note: Jacob kicked butt today at football practice!!! He is playing the defensive line... and an outside lineman..(I think)... He was on every pile of boys!! Right in the middle! GO #49!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday party and give that precious girl losts of birthday hugs from all her grannies from Sheldon. Go big 49!

Judy said...

Honey your cakes turned out great. Such a good mom to make a special cake.

So glad she liked her dresses I was sweating that. It is hard to buy for her here because all we have is summer stuff and you are all needin winter stuff.

I saw Val yesterday, she is doing good and said to tell you hell-o.

Hugs to my Emily Rae! Happy Happy Birthday. Send lots of pictures!


Tell ole 49 to knock em down.

Queen of Foo Foo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!! I LOVEYOU.
A girl after my own heart! Flip flops how cool is that! Great job Jamie!!!

AmyWhit said...

You did good, mom! I hope you guys had a great time at the party today! We wish we could be there too....or at least that you could be here! LOL. Where you could be wearing those flip flops instead of eating them! The cakes look great! That "I've got it covered, Mom", just cracked me up! LOL.

Shelia said...

Great job girl! Emmy must have been so excited! You are such a great momma. Tell her Happy Happy Day from Pooh and all of us!

Tell the Iceman...you go boy!