Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Our Day

We started our day off today by visiting Alaska Wildberries. This is 'the' place that houses the world's largest chocolate waterfall!! It is 20 feet tall!! It pours from pot to pot all the way to the bottom!! When we first got to Alaska, we found this place, and now we take everyone there!! When Emily was 2, Mom, dad and JoJo came up here and she told them 'Don't wick it!!!'

In the summer months, just outside the chocolate waterfall, there is a place that you can hand feed the reindeer! We always love doing this. We can pet them and feed them. Jacob and Emily don't mind them. Mac got close to petting one and then thought otherwise!!
After a hard day of sightseeing and then taking Jacob to football practice, we made Alaskan red King crab legs!! We ate 5 pounds of crabmeat. And JoJo made some homemade marinara sauce to go with some french bread! MMMMM!!! This is the picture of the aftermath of all of that! I didn't think of taking a picture before we started eating.....oh well, I guess we will HAVE to get some more!! Oh the sacrifices that we must make!!




3 comments:

AmyWhit said...

Yummy! I wouldn't mind some of that chocolate OR the crab! Two of my most favorite things! I'll have to show Riley the reindeer!

Brewton Girl said...

Now I'm hungry...Russell may have to take me out for crab!!!

Anonymous said...

It all looks so yummy. Glad ya'll had a fun day. I guess those reindeer were a little big for Mackie!