Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This one's for Pop.......

Today me and the kids went to have a picnic in the park on post with our friends. This park is known as Cottonwood Park, and later in the summer you will see why it is called that. (It is from all the Cotton wood trees there. All the cotton starts flying everywhere and it looks like it is snowing.) Anyway, Jacob has been writing stories for a little while now, but lately he has been acting them out as he tells them. Pop calls them cowboy stories. So, Jacob has also been into Pirates lately. BIG TIME!!! Ask Nana. Any way, at Cottonwood Park they have one part of the playground that looks like a pirate ship complete with the plank shown below. So I will try to recreate his story from today. And of course it is a pirate story!! Be weary me mateys.
So, Pirates had boats like this and planks too. They used to make people stand like this on the planks! (I wish you could see the facial expressions). And they would say, Arrrgh, Walk the plank!!
(I'm not so sure why they had to stand humpbacked. Maybe that is what they looked like.) But, I don't want to walk it says the guy. I don't care, keep walking, Arrrgh!


But, please, NOOOO, (yells, yells, yells). I didn't do it!!!

Splash!!! (More yells!)................The End.............I wish I could remember it word for word. But, this one was a short one. Oh, my friend spotted a momma bear and a baby bear at the park yesterday while she was walking. She said that she was pretty nervous, as I would be! But, no bear sightings today!



4 comments:

Judy said...

I love the "cowboy" stories, too. Guess these are really "Pirate" stories. (Even Lukie has one now and again.) It's fun to see and hear their imaginations working, I must admit Bubba's is on overload nowa days. Better than what he'd be seeing on TV, glad you got them out and moving around! Watch for those bears though.

Jeff posted a short blog last night. Did you see it?

AmyWhit said...

Cute sequence! It's fun to hear what they're thinking in those little heads of theirs!

Shelia said...

A pirate with acting skills?? A carolina girl's dream! LOL

This is a great post Jamie! I love the play by play!

oldav8r said...

I gues Alaska is so into snow they gotta have tree that make fake snow for summer!

Love the Pirate Play, greatest actor to play the part!