Sunday, June 24, 2007

Street repair

On our street, they have decided to take up the whole road and repave it. This has been going on for awhile now. It is kinda annoying as they start work at about 6am right outside my bedroom window. Not so good for sleeping. But, it is good for the kids because we can walk down the street without worrying about cars. So, this is the road we took while on our search for bear poo yesterday. They had all their equipment lined up and of course, no kid can resist going up to it and taking a good look at it. And you know for my kids, I guess it kinda runs in their blood! So, Mackie had to walk into this bucket and take a closer look. I am putting this picture in for Poppie, so that he can see how little Mac is! I guess this will put her size into perspective for him.
In this next shot, you see the first machine. I guess it is a roller, but it also has shaking ability to pack the gravel/dirt down. Maybe it is just a really big whacker packer. When it first started packing it down, I felt my whole house shake and thought, 'oh my goodness, it is an earthquake'. You know we have those up here. It scared me a little until I heard it and figured out it was just this piece of equipment. I can only wonder how the poor man on the equipment felt after running this machine all day. He probably shook all night long!!


4 comments:

Judy said...

Dad says you have been away to long and do not know your equipment anymore...It is a viberating roller. I guess he got his after you left home.. He would like to know what size bucket that is..looks pretty big. Much bigger than the one on the tractor backhoe in the other potho.

Anyway, I guess it is in your blood. But it sounds like you need a transfusion from home. Hurry back to the lower 48!

Hope Shane is feeling better. we had prayer for him at church last night, we had some guys from the Christian Motorcycle Asscoiation (CMA)stop by the church, and boy can those guys pray, Shane needs to be watching for God's answer to the prayer. Jeff, too. I was not your usual "bless them Lord" It was very heart felt and powerful so much so (don't tell your dad I said this but) it brought tears to his eyes. Mine too. Love you XOXO

Shelia said...

Well I'm impressed you know that much about heavy equipment! LOL I do recall you having to explain what dirty rocks were to a military raised kid! LOL

Anonymous said...

Well Jamie you can call it a Whcker Packer if you want. I understood perfectly! LOL Mackie sure does look tiny in that thing.

AmyWhit said...

I like your mom's comment about needing a transfusion from home. Made me LOL. Very clever.

I wouldn't be very appreciative of that equipment being outside my bedroom at 6 a.m. either, though I might have to pay them to do just that in a couple of months. Riley will be starting school....and we're just not used to having to get up early on a schedule. I'm a night owl, for crying out loud!