Friday, June 15, 2007

The Enemy

The sun was shining so bright today. It was about 73 degrees. Heat wave going on. So, while it was gorgeous outside, I cut my grass and we played outside almost all day!!! The kids even got some sun!! Emily's arms were pink. Isn't that so funny, and to think that when we first got up here I laughed at all the people globbing on sunblock because it was 75 degrees. Anyway back to my subject, I have a couple of spots in my yard that needed some TLC and some grass seed..... So, here is my baby grass. I am so proud. Mom, this is Shane's little patch of grass. Yes, he put the seed down and I have been doing all the watering and taking care of it. Isn't it funny how that always works out?? His project and I end up taking care of it????? I know you ladies don't have that problem.....Back to the grass, isn't it cute???
NOW, Meet my ENEMY!!!! These blessed dang dandelions!!! Every year I battle these little boogers. My yard is covered with them and I want my yard to look like green carpet. So, I tried squirting everyone of these danged things, I have tried turf builder with broadleaf killer..... all that does is make them wilt like this one! Now, I need some real AMMO.... Any suggestions????

Thanks for all your prayers!! Shane seems to be a little better, but because this medicine is taking his massive migraines away, he can feel his leg more. Go figure!! If it isn't one thing it is another! Hopefully soon, his leg will be better too!! God has a plan, and it will all work out!

3 comments:

Judy said...

oh to have the tenacity of a weed. The baby grass looks promising...they don't call them dandi "lions" for fun! They have very long roots and it takes a lot to kill them and you have a bumper crop. It just takes time. Tell Shane we love him and try to rest. Like my dad would say "if I had a head like that and it didn't hurt I'd wonder what was wrong.hahahehe
Love you all, I saw Luke and Charlie on the webcam last night! Luke was making faces at POP!

AmyWhit said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that one of Shane's ailments seems to be improving...now maybe they can get the leg pain under control. One thing at a time, right?

The only thing to do is to just "embrace" your dandelions. Come on, you know you loved them as a kid. Just think of them as "wish flowers". Pretend you're Dorothy and get out there and blow, blow, blow! "There's no place like home....There's no place like home...There's no place like home!" Sure, next year's crop will be even more abundant, but hopefully by then they won't be your problem to deal with!

Shelia said...

Just have the kids line up and blow them into your neighbor's yard. They'll have more than you so your's won't look so bad! LOL Praise God to hear about Shane's migraines. I pray Jesus will lay his hand on his leg.

Ya know, if the Army would just send ya'll where they have sweet tea, I really think he would heal a lot quicker. Why don't they listen??