Saturday, June 9, 2007

Our first Butterfly....

Well, here we have it guys, it is now, what, June 9, and I have spotted the first butterfly of the summer!!! I am so excited. And I was wondering if it really was summer. Maybe it will reach 75 degrees at least once from now to August!! Butterflies are so beautiful. I love to watch them putter around my yard flapping their wings like crazy to get away from all these kiddos playing in my yard. I actually feel sorry for them. I love their colors. I don't think that I have seen one like this before!
Today, was also another demonstration that Emily had. Her cheer team, the firecrackers, travel around to different places showing off their moves!! Today, we went to the senior center in Chugiak. They had a spring fair and the girls cheered and tumbled their heart out. Em is really getting good at her round-offs!! I am so proud!! Here, she is a 'flier' (cheer term). She is the top person in the stunt. This was called a chair lift when I was a cheerleader. She loved it!!!

In this picture, she is about to perform her very first back handspring!! She did really well, and I as a mom took this picture of the preparation, and I watched the actual back handspring. Sorry!! Shane says it is OK to watch sometimes. But, I will have you know I got in trouble by my husband. It was innocent. Emily tumbled with the big girls and all she was doing was a front roll. So, I yelled out into a rather quiet crowd, Em, DO YOUR ROUNDOFFS!!!! (I guess like I yell at Jacob in his games.......you know, the mommy yell for your baby yell.) Well, he (Shane) politely came over to me and said this isn't really a sporting event that you yell like that at!!! Oh well, I can't help it!! She ended up doing her round off and then trying this!!! And, I might add, she did very well for her very first time!! Next time, I will take a picture!!



6 comments:

Judy said...

Wow what a beauiful color, is that BF found only in Alaska?

The other little "flier" is cute too. I can not believe they move up to the next harder group. Miss Amy must see something in those srong legs!

Men!

Judy said...

Hey I looked it up, It's a Northern Blue Butterfly, they lay eggs on plants that have berries. And only fly May - August.

AmyWhit said...

The color of that butterfly is gorgeous! If it's a "northern" blue butterfly, that must explain why we've never seen them here!

It sounds like Emily is loving her cheerleading and doing very well! She's a cutie, for sure!

shelby said...

Great job Em! I'm so impressed and proud of your abilities and talent! I hope I get to see one of your routines soon!

Shelia said...

LOL Sorry that wasn't Shelby! It was me! I didn't realize she was signed in.

oldav8r said...

Oh girl, I would be so scared that my little girl would be hurt, I don't know if I could let her do that. It takes a lot of strenght to be a Mom! Great pics, but you have an excellent subject.

I don't think I have ever seen a blue butterfly. Beautiful color!