Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Squirrels



I took this picture when we went to the zoo on Friday. Of all the animals that were at the zoo, I thought this little squirrel was the cutest and the most interesting. All the rest of the animals were being LAZY!!! This little squirrel reminds me of a little pest that I once had. I had a squirrel that lived in my yard when we first moved up here. He would go into the big dumpster right outside my fence and get trash and take into the tree in MY yard. I had all kinds of things in that tree. From empy things of toothpaste, to banana peels, to old paper towels, strewed onto every branch of our tree. Everyone that drove by kept looking into our yard and I couldn't figure out why. Then one day, Jacob was looking out his window and said there is a banana in our tree. I just blew it off, but he kept persisting. So, finally I looked out of the window at the tree, and saw all this MESS!!! And finally came to the conclusion that, this SQUIRRELS mess was what everyone was looking at. They probably thought that I just threw my trash up in the tree. He also stored pizza, paper towels, and all other treasures he could find in the trash, underneath the hood of Shane's truck. (He was in Afghanistan and I didn't drive it.) Boy, was he mad. I should have taken a picture of it, but didn't think about it at the time, as I was FURIOUS!!! Even Jacob said "It was those damn squirrels again!"

8 comments:

Judy said...

I love to "blue" on the tree.

I remember that pest! I watched him try to drag a slice of toast through the chain-link fence. He got mad and finally broke it in half and then took it up in the tree.

The tree looked like a Christmas tree decorated with trash!

TaraG said...

that's so funny that you went to the zoo and got a shot of the squirrel!

Yes they are pests! We had one in our backyard that felt it necessary to chew up the cushions on our patio furniture!

oldav8r said...

You keep saying had a squirrel---what happened to him? Did Shane get rid of it? Squirrels love to get into car engines. My Mom had one storing dry dog food in the carburator of her Cadilac---that did not go over well with her!

Sister & Girls said...

Guess who's back?!?! Even tho I haven't been posting I still come and look at everyones blogs and I might say you are becoming a pro!!

Shelia said...

LOL of all the animals to "shoot" LOL I love it!

AmyWhit said...

Must be some kind of sucky zoo up there if you're taking pictures of SQUIRRELS! LOL. Just kidding.

So I'm curious too as to what happened to your tree-decorating squirrel. Do you go out in the backyard and practice for your skeet competition?

Heather said...

You should have a CAT, Mamie. No squirrel problem here, or mice, or moles, or birds, or lizards, or rabbits!!!

I'm wondering too what happened to the squirrel!

jamie said...

For all you who want to know what happened to the squirrel, I am not really sure. We moved to a different house on post, and left the squirrel at the old house. I have driven past the house several times and have seen no sign of him!! So who knows..... Look out there is a trash seeking squirrel on the loose. Beware every tree!!!