Monday, May 7, 2007

A glimpse of Heaven




We took these pictures on our way out to Wasilla where Jacob wrestled on Friday. The first one looked so cool to me. It was taken early morning just as the sun was coming up. Sometimes when I look at these mountains with the sun shining above them, it makes me stop and wonder, is this what heaven will look like as you are walking up to the gates? This picture looks to me like you are walking out of the darkness to the bright light ahead!! It is just so awesome! The second picture is typical postcard Alaska, with the lake and the snowcapped mountains right behind it. The only thing that I wish is that these mountains reflected in the water. It usually does, but the wind was blowing kinda hard that day, which made the water too choppy for a reflection. Shane took this picture. (I had to give him credit.)

3 comments:

Judy said...

The pictures are beautiful, tell Shane good job, too.

It does your mother's heart good to know that you view the world looking for heaven. This world is not our home (thank God!). Thanks for the glimpes in to heaven and also into your heart!

XOXO Mom

oldav8r said...

The first picture makes me lonsome for my mountain home. But sadly that is gone to me now. I will never get the awesome feeling out of my system. Then I glance around at the Low Country and know that God likes many things and gave us glory in it all.

AmyWhit said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Both of them! Check my blog. I have something for you.