Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bears, Bears, Bears






My friends husband went bear hunting over this past weekend. This is what he came home with. A black bear!! I saw one of these bears the other day taking the kids to school and wanted so badly to take his picture, but of course I didn't have the camera with me. Who would've thought that I would have seen this going to school? Well, in Alaska, I guess any animal can be seen anywhere. I came straight home and went on a search for him(in my car of course.) Needless to say, I didn't find him. He was already gone. So, this is the closest that I have come to seeing and being able to take a picture of a bear this year. Now, this bear is off to the taxidermist to be made into a rug or wall hanging. Shane saw this, and is wanting to go now more than ever!!! They said that it will take about a year for this bear to be made into the rug. I thought it was pretty cool, and thought you guys should see what I live with in these parts of the world!!! Being from SC, I think I would rather have snakes and gators anyday!!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Holy Cow that thing looks big! I bet he stinks!

Tell Eileen I sure this bear will look as lovely in her home as the deer heads hanging in mine.

oldav8r said...

Thank goodnes that bear is dead. We had black bears in the Smokie Mountains, but I don't think they ever got that big. Be careful going hunting bears in your car---they might hurt it!

AmyWhit said...

Awww, the poor thing. I just don't think I could bring myself to pull the trigger...unless I was in danger, of course. I'm no stranger to hunting, but I just personally don't think I have it in me.