Wednesday, May 9, 2007

ALL DAY!!!!

I took these shots today when the fix-it guys came over to fix our linoleum in the bathroom. These were some of his tools. One guy estimated that it would only take him an hour to do this. 4 1/2 hours later, he left. Apparently, this turned out to be quite the project. They had to replace part of the wooden floor beneath the linoleum. Yeah, I guess they weren't real happy with me.
This is the finished product of the 4 1/2 hour job. You can't see it too well, but if you look real close on the brown wall, you will see that the guy tore my nicely painted bathroom wall off and all that is left is cardboard looking stuff. It is right next to the baseboard. I just wonder how long this is going to last. The baseboards weren't even glued all the way on. As my boss always told me when I worked at the day care center and needed things like construction paper, and crayons, "there's a war going on, ya know." That meant that we had no more money to spend. I guess that is what has happened in this case too. (As you can tell, I am not real thrilled in the job they did.) HOWEVER................


This was what my sky looked like as it was setting last night at about 10:30. I love the rays that are coming up from the sun. Look at the sun reflecting off the clouds. Pretty cool!!! This helps take my mind off of earlier today!! Thank heavens!
**As a side note: Yes, I did say that the sun was setting around 10:30 PM. Soon it won't get dark but only for a little while. And, that darkness is only a dusk around 3:30 AM. So, mom get ready for sunshine all day and night!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

I know you would like for your house to be fixed better (of course there is no excuse for a crappie job.), but I would rather Shane, your brother and all the others have waht they need, as I know you do too. Soon enough you have a nice home!

Love the sun setting, Alaska has such a differet view than we do, you are above the sun as it goes down because of the tilt of the earth. That has always fascinated me, while visiting.

8 days!

Shelia said...

Wow, tell that guy not to go for a civillian job! The sunset is beautiful. I hope your Mom's camera can stand the workout she's going to give it up there!

AmyWhit said...

well that third photo just somehow makes up for it, doesn't it?! Put one of the kids' toys there in front of that wall and you'll never have to see it! LOL.

Shelia, Jamie's camera is going to be doing double duty while Ms. Judy is up there visiting, as Ms. Judy's camera is staying nice and safe at home. Hmmm...maybe Mr. Wayne will start blogging while she's gone?! Not a bad idea!

Jamie, I crop the photos to the size I want in photoshop (at 300 PPI) and then upload for printing. If it's a large print, I upload to MPIX.com. If it's just 4x6 - 8x10, I just upload to Wal-Mart One-hour. I will never use Wal-Mart for film development ever again, but they do okay with the digital...so far!

oldav8r said...

It's too bad our govenment is paying for such crap in the quartermaster department when it comes to dependants housing. It has always been that way. When Mike was Army we had to deal with the Germans and they always claimed they didn't understand. Ha, they got the job! They knew enough English, just put out bunk work!