Thursday, May 17, 2007

BOB-big orange ball

For those of us stuck up here in this arctic climate region of the world, when we want some of this...............................................
We have to go to a place like this!!!!!!

This is one of my most favorite places to go to!! Being up here all the time in the darkness and the cold temperatures, it really does your body good to go get some UV rays!! At least for about 10 minutes I get some much needed Vitamin D poured into my blood and skin. Up here, truly, alot of people have to come to these tanning salons for depression issues. I really took for granted all that the sun did for me. For 25 years, I had tons and tons of sun, and when I moved up here, I had none. It does wonders for my mood!!!! =) They also have "happy lights". You just sit under them for a specific time and it improved your mood. Crazy, huh??? What sealed the deal for me at this place is that everytime you go, they have a towel, your goggles and an ANDES MINT there waiting for me!!! HMMMMM, I think I will go again tomorrow!!!
P.S. bob is a military acronym!!! In case you were wondering if the tanning bed had gotten to me!!LOL.

6 comments:

Shelia said...

LMAO! I love it! You poor neglected girl! Your mom is bringing as much carolina sun with her as she possibly can! I offered to hide in the suitcase....she just laughed....dang it! LOL Have the best visit!

Judy said...

Is that good for you? Not sure, but I get worried about them.

See you tomorrow! Browner than last time I guess.

Jeff said...

Yep...good ole BOB. I knew what you meant. For those that don't know, it's bad luck to call it the sun. As soon as you do that, it goes behind a cloud and starts to rain. Hence, BOB.

AmyWhit said...

What I don't get is the need for those places down HERE! I mean, get outside people! It's not like there's not plenty of opportunity!

oldav8r said...

I hear they have been using lights for mood therapy for a few years. I guess you need it more than just us regulary manic depressives. Too bad the dispensary won't give them out as a prescription! So enjoy the tanning salon as often as you can.

AmyWhit said...

It has been lonely the past few days, for sure! Tara has been out of town since thursday; your mom is gone; you have company; Jeff, well I don't know his schedule these days...or Heather's for that matter. But you and your mom have no excuse! You both blog...so blog together! She should at leat buy a CF card (if she didn't take one of her own) and take photos with your camera and post when she gets home....at the very least!!!

And that just doesn't sound right about the 300 lens. I'd take it back too. Too much money to get something that doesn't work correctly. I just paid for my "new" lens tonight. I bought a lens off of another photographer on a site I belong to. It's a zoom (28-75 mm)...so it'll give me a little wider angle and a little longer zoom. I've read really good reviews on the lens....so wish me luck with it. I hope I don't regret it and will be able to get sharp pics with it. I'm always nervous with lenses....I need sharpness...with fairly low price tags! LOL.