Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The moose is loose




Today was a rainy, yucky day. I couldn't get much of a picture today! So, I thought that I would look deep into my stash. I found these that I hadn't shared with you before. I took these when we went on our trip down to Soldotna. This first ice cream cone shop is an ice cream/coffee shop. Remember in earlier blogs I posted some coffee shops and said that they are at every corner, they are literally in every corner of Alaska in all shapes and forms. I wonder how well this ice cream cone shop would go over in Beaufort county? Do ya think it would pass county codes?? I highly DOUBT it!!!!! The second photo is of a bakery that the kids dentist recommended. It's name is, you guessed it, THE MOOSE IS LOOSE! It is a fabulous, scrumptious, uuuummmmmmm place!!! In fact I think that I would drive another 2 hours just to go get some pastries!! If you are ever up this way, you definately have to go!!

5 comments:

AmyWhit said...

The first little building is just plain C-u-t-e! You're right about BFT. county codes though. I'm thinking it would be a no-go. I don't know though....maybe Sheldon could get away with it! LOL.

The pastries sound pretty yummy. What's 2 hours when it comes to sweets?! Does it beckon to you like the HOT-NOW sign at the KK? I could NOT live next to one of those places. I would kill myself on hot-now doughnuts. When they are so fresh and warm that they just fall apart in your hands when you try to pick them up?! Shut UP! LOL

Judy said...

She tellin' the truth, on every corner there is one of these "coffee/ice cream shops". Some are cute, some are not so cute. The first time I said "stop and let me go in and get some coffee while you get the car washed" Oh my Lord, I was waiting on the order and I just start looking around, and readng the shirts and stuff...oopppss not where I needed to be! Got my coffee and ran! ha It was beyond anything I needed to see or know!

But the bakery, I think is a must see!

Shelia said...

I love their comment on the Moose is Loose sign! LOL

jamie said...

The coffee place mom was talking about was Bad ass coffee shop. And, as for KK, we DON'T have one of those. Everybody fundraises using KK here. They sell a dozen of those for $10 a box. I get so upset because I can get it for $ 3 something back home!! Maybe my dear ol mom could bring us some!! hint hint!

oldav8r said...

Mom can bring doughnuts, you go for the coffee!!!! I just love the little ice cream cone shop, it's really tells what they sell!