Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Panthers vs. Steelers

AHHHHHH, KICKOFF!!!!

Jacob had his first official game tonight! They were against the Steelers.... There was some big boys on that team... Jacob was blocking a guy that was a whole head taller than him... But, that didn't matter to him. He still knocked that boy flat on his back everytime!! Here is a picture of him on a tackle. I think this was who the ball was kicked to on the kick off...

They ended up winning 30-0. Yeah, Panthers!!! This is the sign of victory!! Notice his "war" paint, and his muscles!! He is my hero of this game!!!



8 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah!!!Congrats to Jacob and his Panthers!!

Tell him Nana says to becareful and not hurt those big boys to bad. I hope he got some praise from his coach!

I can hardly stand to see him so grown up..when I use to keep him I could hold him in my lap and we'd swing on the porch..he'd go to sleep and I'd lay him down..Now there is noway I could pick him up and he's so tall I'd have to hold one end of him at a time...

Judy said...

Pop said to tell Jacob He's the Man. Pop says he can't wait to be there at the games...he tells evryone about Jake "the Man" Matthews. All those scouts he runs into everyday ya know..he says you better be checking that up and coming, hard hittin, fast off the line, #49 Matthews.

Good job buddy! Pop loves you!

Judy said...

One more thing from Poppie, thought he wasn't gonna play defence?

Brewton Girl said...

Way to go Jake!! I love his spirit, he is such a go getter!! Shane has been hanging in there. He just made it through day 3 of practice. The coach tolds them the 1st 3 days are the hardest. He seems to be loving it!

Queen of Foo Foo said...

Glad Jacob's team won the game! That's what its all about!!

Shelia said...

Allright!! Great job Panthers! But especially Jake! Leave him asking himself if he really wants to get up! LOL

AmyWhit said...

I love the last one. Congratulations on the butt-whuppin' win, Jake!

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo Pantehrs! Love the last shot he just proclaimes I'm a winner!